Justin Bieber Ruled American Music Awards 2010!
Who would’ve guess that a 16-year-old Canadian could dominated the American Music Awards? Justin Bieber himself was surprised too!
The phenomenal teen idol swept the American Music Awards on Sunday, taking home four prizes (from every award he was nominated for), including artist of the year. He also won statuettes for favorite pop album, breakthrough artist and favorite male pop artist.
Bieber became the youngest person to ever win the trophy, defeated a list of more experienced musicians, such as Eminem and Usher, as well as Katy Perry and Lady Gaga. It’s no surprise though, since the awards are determined by fans’ online voting, and it has been known widely that the fresh-faced pop star has millions of young fans ready to give as many votes as they can for their idol.
“I can’t stop smiling; this is amazing,” Bieber said after he also beat Eminem and Usher for favorite pop/rock male. “Truly I don’t know how this is possible because I’ve been singing Eminem since I was three and Usher is my mentor. So this is big.” He also repeatedly thanked his fans and reflected on his unlikely rise to fame. “I’m from the smallest town in the world of, like, 30,000 people,” he said as he accepted the breakthrough artist award. “I never thought this was possible.”
Bieber’s fellow Canadian, Michael Bublé, won his first-ever award, for favorite adult contemporary artist. “While you Americans are sitting getting fat, us Canadians are getting ready to take over,” the 35-year-old crooner joked backstage. British rock band Muse was also a first-time winner, for favorite alternative rock artist.
Eminem and Lady Antebellum led the contenders with five nominations each. At the end, the rapper took home two awards, while the country trio nabbed one in the “Best Country Group” category. Usher also won a pair of prizes. Other winners at the 38th annual ceremony included country stars Taylor Swift and Black Eyed Peas, both performed on stage.
Rihanna won one prize, and gave an energetic performance that night. Katy Perry sang “Firework” with a real firework on stage. Ke$ha, Black Eyed Peas, Diddy and Bon Jovi also gave their best performance.
Here’s the complete winners of the 38th annual American Music Awards:
• Soul/R&B Album: Usher, “Raymond v. Raymond.”
• Soul/R&B Female Artist: Rihanna.
• Soul/R&B Male Artist: Usher.
• Pop/Rock Album: Justin Bieber, “My World 2.0.”
• Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group: The Black Eyed Peas.
• Pop/Rock Female Artist: Lady Gaga.
• Pop/Rock Male Artist: Justin Bieber.
• Rap/Hip-Hop Album: Eminem, “Recovery.”
• Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist: Eminem.
• Country Band, Duo or Group: Lady Antebellum.
• Country Album: Carrie Underwood, “Play On.”
• Country Female Artist: Taylor Swift.
• Country Male Artist: Brad Paisley.
• Contemporary Inspirational Artist: MercyMe.
• Soundtrack: “Glee: The Music, Volume 3 — Showstoppers.”
• Latin Music Artist: Shakira.
• Alternative Rock Artist: Muse.
• Adult Contemporary Artist: Michael Buble.
• Breakthrough Artist: Justin Bieber.
• Artist of the Year: Justin Bieber.
Congrats to all winners!
justin bieber AMAs 2010, justin bieber american music awards 2010, justin bieber american music awards, justin bieber american music awards2010, justin bieber in the american music awards 2010