Could “How to Train Your Dragon” Holds Its No. 1 Spot?
We’re back with another box office battle!
A close income gap duel to reach the top spot was happened again at last weekend’s box office movies, between animated adventure “How to Train Your Dragon” and the superhero comedy “Kick-Ass”.
According to studio estimates Sunday, “How to Train Your Dragon” took in $20 million, while the Comic-Con phenomenal film, “Kick-Ass” just behind at $19.75 million.
The previous weekend, the comedy “Date Night” led the action tale “Clash of the Titans” by about the same amount based on Sunday estimates. But “Clash of the Titans” came out on top when final numbers were reported Monday. And this week, “Date Night” slipped one more spot to no. 3, with $17.3 million, making a $ 49.2 million overall. Chris Rock and Martin Lawrence’s debuting comedy, “Death at a Funeral” is following very close behind with $17 million.
Here’s the complete list of the weekend’s top-grossing films Friday-Sunday, per estimates compiled by Exhibitor Relations:
1. How to Train Your Dragon, $20 million
2. Kick-Ass, $19.8 million
3. Date Night, $17.3 million
4. Death at a Funeral, $17 million
5. Clash of the Titans, $15.8 million
6. The Last Song, $5.8 million
7. Why Did I Get Married Too?, $4.2 million
8. Hot Tub Time Machine, $3.545 million
9. Alice in Wonderland, $3.54 million
10. The Bounty Hunter, $3.2 million
So Dragon‘s fans, keep your fingers crossed…, let’s wait for the final numbers tomorrow!