Sri Lanka Has Refused Akon and His Upcoming Concert
Looks like Akon got himself in trouble, by making Sri Lanka unhappy.
The Blame It on Me singer is going to have a concert in Sri Lanka next month, but it most likely won’t be happening now. It’s a sad news for Akon’s fans in Sri Lanka, but apparently, the decision is inevitable.
Wondering why? Well… that’s because he had been refused by the country, its government and citizens, after seeing his Sexy Chick music video that was considered offensive to Buddhists, which is the majority of the country.
On Tuesday, Sri Lanka’s government through their Director General of Information, Anusha Pelpita, said that the country would not grant the US star a visa for next month’s planned concert at a cricket ground in Colombo. As Pelpita explained, “The government has taken into consideration the sensibilities of the Buddhists who have been offended by one of his videos which showed scantily clad women dancing in front of a Buddha statue.”
Pelpita further said that Colombo decided to stop the Grammy Award-nominated star’s concert planned for April 24 despite hopes from the official Tourism Promotion Bureau that his visit would attract more holidaymakers to the island.
The decision is a follow-up reaction after about 200 protesters outraged at the rapper’s upcoming concert plan by hurled stones at a Sri Lankan private broadcaster’s headquarters (Maharaja) Monday, damaged several vehicles parked outside the building, injuring four workers and damaging the building.
We hope it will be your lesson to be more tolerate, Akon. Be careful making video next time!
akon looks, akon sad, akon sad collection, mj tribute concert in Sri Lanka, sri lanka chicks