Simon Cowell is named the Top Earning Man on Television
Forbes announced one of their rich list again Tuesday, and Simon Cowell got the top honor.
The bittersweet American Idol judge has been named as the top earning man on prime-time U.S. Television, earning an $75 million last year. Based on estimated pre-tax earnings from June 1, 2008 to June 1, 2009, 50-year-old Cowell beat out The Apprentice host Donald Trump ($50 million) and American Idol presenter Ryan Seacrest ($38 million).
Not only known as one of the AI judges, Cowell is also a record producer and creator of America’s Got Talent. His record label has signed singers including The X Factor winner Leona Lewis and Britain’s Got Talent sensation, Susan Boyle.
The other seven rich men on television are:
4. Charlie Sheen ($21 million)
5. Steve Carell ($21 million)
6. Howie Mandel ($15 million)
7. Kiefer Sutherland ($13 million)
8. Jeff Foxwhorty ($11 million)
9. Hugh Laurie ($10 million)
10. David Caruso ($9 million)