Carrie Underwood is ACM’s Entertainer of the Year
Carrie Underwood brought another achievement home, as she honored as entertainer of the year at the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards last night, straight from Las Vegas.
With this winning, Underwood became the first female to named ACM entertainer of the year since the Dixie Chicks did it back in 2000. She also the seventh female to win the Academy of Country Music’s highest honor since the award was first handed out in 1970; alongside Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton, Barbara Mandrell, Reba McEntire, Shania Twain and the Dixie Chicks.
As tears go down from her eyes, Underwood gave her speech, “I’ve had a lot of good moments in the last four years. This one takes the cake! I don’t know what to say! I got nothing.” And then, raising her trophy, she yelled, “Mike, baby, I wish you were here!” yep, a big shout-out closing her speech went to her hockey player boyfriend, Mike Fisher.
A few hours before that, Underwood took home the award for top female vocalist, the same award she received last year. 26-year-old Underwood also gave a stunning performance at the award, singing her song “I Told You So” in a gorgeous big red dress, which its wide took almost half of the stage.
Not only Underwood who had the night of her life, country superstar Brad Paisley also had a big winning night. From his home in Tennessee, where he and wife Kimberly Williams-Paisley were expecting their second child, the singer accepted the honor of top male vocalist for the third year in a row.
Teen phenomenon, 19-year-old Taylor Swift, received album of the year award for her Fearless album. She beat out George Strait, Jamey Johnson, Montgomery Gentry and Carrie Underwood. She performed “You’re Not Sorry”, accompanied by magician David Copperfield, who gave an entertaining stage trick.
Here are the complete winners from the 44th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards:
- Entertainer of the year: Carrie Underwood
- Top male vocalist: Brad Paisley
- Top female vocalist: Carrie Underwood
- Top vocal group: Rascal Flatts
- Top vocal duo: Sugarland
- Top new artist: Julianne Hough
- Top new male vocalist: Jake Owen
- Top new female vocalist: Julianne Hough
- Top new duo or vocal group: Zac Brown Band
- Album of the year: “Fearless,” Taylor Swift
- Single record of the year: “You’re Gonna Miss This,” Trace Adkins
- Song of the year: “In Color,” Jamey Johnson
- Video of the year: “Waitin’ On a Woman,” Brad Paisley
- Vocal event of the year: “Start a Band,” Brad Paisley and Keith Urban
Congrats for all the winners!
carrie underwood ACM 2009, pictures of carrie underwood, carrie underwood 2009, carrie underwood acm, carrie underwood acm pictures